
Hello people,
Is anyone else out there as frustrated as I am about the election? I was hoping for Hillary to win the democratic nomination and ever since she lost I'm not sure who the better candidate is. I never cared for McCain and I still haven't really changed my mind about him. Not crazy about the wife either. I tend to like Obama more and I like his family. I thought he carried himself well during the debate last night and McCain look flustered at times and if he said Obama "doesn't understand" one more time, I'd throw up. I'm hoping by the time the next debate happens there will be more clarity for me. Also, the economy - scary!!
I watched the debate on T.V. the other night in the hopes of getting some clarity and came away not much better than when I started. Both candidates love to tap dance around an issue and try to direct you right back to what they want to talk about. they must have a whole team of people who specialize in this technique and prep the candidates in how to avoid answering a direct question. Newsday stated, "McCain was feisty and Obama was poised". I thought McCain lost his cool and got flustered and Obama was trying to hard to be the calm rational one. It seemed they disagreed on every little thing. Tit for Tat! I have family in the military- my brother did two tours in Iraq and my nephew did one and is going back in the spring. I am very pissed off about that. At least Obama did not vote for the war from the very beginning, unlike McCain.
When it came to the economy, why couldn't they just say they didn't have the answer but they would bring together the country's best expects and hammer it out. Noooo, they had to just bash each other with "George Bushes wrong-headed politics" and "Obama doesn't understand" comments. These two guys couldn't even look each other in the eye. The poor moderater had to keep reminding them to talk to each other. I felt like they needed to go to a intro to debate class.
On a last note, I can't wait to see Palin and Biden have a go at it on thursday. It might possibly be more entertaining and at the very least, Tina Fey will have alot more material to work with. LOL
1 comment:
Good job. I enjoyed reading your opinion because I feel much the same way. A little more research would have been put this over the top as far as your piece was concerned.
-Prof. Rodriguez
Post a Comment